We’re not here to judge! Everybody has stubborn odors from work clothes, gym fits or unwanted spills— here are some effective ways to remove them from your clothing, according to a professional laundry service in Long Beach:
Effective Methods for Odor Removal
Whether your clothes are getting maximum use or you forgot to switch your laundry from the washer, here are some effective odor-removal methods with items you probably already have lying around your home:
- Vinegar: Add half a cup of white vinegar to your laundry during the rinse cycle. This can help to remove any lingering odors from your clothes.
- Baking Soda: Add a cup of baking soda to your laundry during the wash cycle. This can help to neutralize any odors in your clothing.
- Lemon Juice: Add a half cup of lemon juice to your laundry during the wash cycle. The acid in lemon juice can help to break down any odors in your clothing. Pro Tip: Use a professional laundry service in Long Beach to easily mitigate all of your laundry needs.
- Sunlight: Hang your clothes outside in direct sunlight. The UV rays in the sunlight can help to kill any bacteria that may be causing the odors.
- Activated Charcoal: Place a small bag of activated charcoal in your closet or drawer where you store your clothing. This can help to absorb any odors in the air and keep your clothes smelling fresh.
- Dryer Sheets: Add a few dryer sheets to your dryer when you dry your clothes. Dryer sheets can help to mask any odors and leave your clothes smelling fresh.
Remember to always follow the care instructions on your clothing label and test any new cleaning methods on a small, inconspicuous area first.
Using a Professional Laundry Service in Long Beach
Of course, to avoid any need for difficult laundry procedures, you can always leave your chores to Sparklean Laundry! Our laundry service with free pickup and delivery enables you to save hours per week on washing clothes.
Just schedule a time that works for you, leave your dirty clothes on your doorstep and they’ll be returned the next day fresh and ready to be put away.
Schedule your first pickup today!